Gender and Youth Inclusion Lead
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Gender and Youth Inclusion Lead, Armenia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Gender and Youth Inclusion Lead for an anticipated economic foundations program in Armenia funded by USAID. This activity will strengthen key economic actors within both the public and private sector to exercise economic stewardship and ultimately build a resilient Armenian economy.
The Gender and Youth Inclusion Lead will lead the development and implementation of the program’s overall strategy for gender and youth and will ensure the integration of women and youth into all program activities. The program is anticipated to start in 2022 and this position will be based in Armenia.
- Lead development and implementation of the program’s overall gender, youth, and social inclusion (GYSI) strategy
- Ensure that women, youth, and other vulnerable populations are integrated into all program activities, including technical implementation, monitoring, operations, policies, and procedures by designing activities that target these groups within the scope of the program
- Provide gender and youth technical advice and trainings to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender and youth considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Lead or assist in the design and implementation of gender, youth, and social inclusion analyses, impact assessments and other learning studies
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender and youth dimensions of technical activities and operations and discuss gender and youth issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists
- Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender and youth considerations are assessed and accounted for
- Identify and address capacity building needs for program staff and partners, including training, mentoring, and other technical support
- Support the M&E Lead to plan the collection and analysis of relevant data and assist in the collection and analysis of sex- and age-disaggregated data. Work with M&E team to identify GSI learning questions and outcomes.
- Incorporate gender and youth considerations into the Performance Monitoring Plan, with an emphasis on designing indicators that will drive high-value program activities
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender and youth issues related to program components
- Write program reports and prepare internal documentation as required
- Disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, international development/development studies, sociology, economics, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience focused on gender and youth issues.
- Experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects’ procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the conduct of gender integration programming, including knowledge of do no harm and women’s empowerment approaches, is required.
- Proven ability to conduct training/workshops.
- Demonstrated experience conducting gender analysis, including qualitative data collection.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with staff, donor partners, and government leaders at all levels in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Experience working in Armenia preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Armenian required.
Armenian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.